Due to the inclusion of valuable compounds such as polyphenols, flavanols, and catechins, dark chocolate is widely perceived as a part of a healthy diet. These compounds may promote health in a variety of ways, according to research, including strengthening heart health, improving brain function, and reducing inflammation. Many people who are seeking to lose weight are wondering if they should include dark chocolate in their diet, as this delightful dessert is becoming extremely popular among health-conscious people.
Dark chocolate is popular not just because it is delicious, but also because of its possible health benefits which is why you should try the BeeTee’s Melt chocolate range too. The texture of these is creamy and so delicious that I bet you will love eating this. After eating a little piece out of the Beetee’s Melt 72% dark chocolate, I couldn’t stop myself from having it all in one go. These chocolates are worth trying as well.
Also, Some even say that it might help you in losing weight. So is dark chocolate good for weight loss?
Well, turns out, it is! And we are going to give you not one, not two but five reasons why it is. We would say it’s a win-win!
- Boosts metabolism: Dark chocolate is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs), which speed up metabolism and burn calories more quickly. According to a recent study at Queen Margaret University in the United Kingdom, chocolate influences the way our bodies synthesize fatty acids and lessens fat and carbohydrate absorption.
- Balance insulin: Symptoms of low blood sugar include increased appetite and mood changes. Chocolate’s cacao content may help you maintain a healthy blood sugar level. It can help improve your body’s insulin sensitivity.
Dark chocolate’s healthy fats reduce the absorption of glucose into the bloodstream, reducing the unpleasant insulin surge that sends sugar directly to your fat cells. High insulin levels also halt your body’s fat-burning process, making you hungry shortly afterward.
Reduced insulin levels have also been associated with weight loss and fat storage. Dark chocolate, when paired with changes in diet, may help people with diabetes maintain their blood sugar levels better than diet changes alone, according to research.
- The cure for your cravings: Dark chocolate, according to researchers at the University of Copenhagen, suppresses cravings for sweet, salty, and fatty foods by creating a sense of fullness. Chocolate 20 minutes before and five minutes after lunch and supper, according to advocates of the “chocolate-friendly” diet, reduces hunger by up to 50%. Dieters who eat chocolate occasionally are more likely to maintain their reduced weight since they don’t feel deprived.
- Increased immunity: According to Harvard University’s School of Public Health, dark chocolate is full of antioxidants, iron, copper, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, and flavanols. Furthermore, beneficial constituents present in chocolate and other cocoa products, such as flavanols, may benefit your heart and immune function.
- Best workout buddy: Chocolate contains anti-inflammatory properties, which, when coupled with its high magnesium content, may help to reduce inflammation. When you’re in a good mood, exercise becomes much more interesting. If you’re in discomfort after a hard workout, try eating an ounce of dark chocolate at night.
- It makes you happy!: Losing weight isn’t the single most important benefit of dark chocolate intake. It is also said to provide a “happy high,” according to proponents. People who eat dark chocolate often are less stressed, sleep better, and have reduced blood cholesterol and blood pressure levels, as per research. Dark chocolate is also rich in antioxidants, which serve to battle free radicals that can harm our cells.
Dark chocolate contains a lot of antioxidants and other components that speed up the weight loss process and please our taste buds. But before you grab some bars at the grocery store, keep in mind that a 100-gram bar has 546 calories. Experts advise that you consume no more than one ounce (28 grams) of dark chocolate every day! It is also heavy in calories and fat, and if consumed in excess, can lead to unhealthy weight gain. Some dark chocolates have a lot of added sugar, which can lead to weight gain, diabetes, heart disease, liver disorders, and other health issues.
If you are undergoing a weight-loss plan and enjoy dark chocolate, look for high-quality items with low added sugar. Simple lifestyle improvements, such as eating a healthy, balanced diet and exercising regularly, may help you lose weight and keep it off.
Ultimately, the key to a healthy life is happiness and BeeTee’s Melt chocolate. You cannot buy happiness but you can definitely buy desserts. And on some days, you just need a marshmallow fondue. We definitely loved their Range of chocolates, the taste, and flavor an absolute blend where it just goes into the mouth and dissolves. Don’t forget to check them out because they’re surely the next big thing in the name of chocolates.
Just stick to a healthy diet rest of the days and you will crush it!