The name for the company is the base, because it is the key that, in some way, will unite the client and the company itself.
We live in the age of technology. Therefore, public opinion about any business or product is influenced by first impressions and search engines. While brand loyalty is much more than the brand itself, the appeal of the product or service is very much complemented by an effective brand that attracts different customers. The problem is that the name and branding process can be complicated and time-consuming. However, it can be very important to the survival of your brand, and the wrong choice can sink your ship before it sails.
So how do you go about choosing the right name for your company? Let’s break it down with representatives from Turbologo.
The path to creating the perfect company name
Brand names, just like other business attributes, require brainstorming and careful thought before the right brand idea turns into the right brand. It’s very easy to take the first name out of your head, but it may violate some law, trademark rights, patent, or may have strange connotations. Spending time choosing the right and correct brand name can save you money in the long run. So you should definitely work hard to find a quality and intriguing name on your own, or entrust it to special services, for example, the generator of names and logos for brands – Turbologo.
Step by step instructions to create a name for the company
And so you have decided to find a name for your business, what should you do? Here’s the right algorithm.
- Decide whether to use the help of experts. There are many firms that offer services for branding or at all samoyatoyatelno decide this issue for you. However, it depends on whether you are willing to invest in the process or not. Using a firm’s help is expensive, and you have to decide if you can come up with the brand yourself or if you need help. You can also generate a logo at Logoturbo – it will save you money.
- Come up with a purpose for your name. What do you want to communicate to potential customers by coming up with a name? It should touch on what you sell or what services you provide.
- Brainstorm different names. The best names evoke an emotional connection and, at the same time, convey logical information. Try to reason from different angles.
- Check the legality of using a particular name. There are a large number of trademarks that are already registered, so check to see if your basic ideas are free.
- Once you’ve settled on several name options, then create a blueprint for each name: think of the concept, logo, slogan, and more. The visuals of each option will help you decide which one is more promising and appealing.
- Make a final decision.
Mistakes in choosing a name
With so many bad brands out there today, it’s hard to say what makes a brand bad. However, there are several signs that together indicate an exceptionally bad brand name:
- Wordplay seems like an interesting idea only for you: obscure names are unpleasant, and they’re even more incomprehensible to customers when such names are turned into wordplay.
- Spelling mistakes or weird spelling: A brand name should be recognizable as a word, it should mean something and say something. Companies like Apple, Google and Twitter have achieved recognition through accurate spelling and simplicity, as well as having some clarity.
- Don’t use names that are too long or too short; they don’t appeal to consumers. If you favor such names, remember that they are significantly less appealing to customers than medium-length names.
- Complicated names are repulsive. An example would be any brand, for example, Kentucky Fried Chicken, which specifically uses acronyms to be more understandable to customers.
Creating through the Turbologo name generator
If you’re stumped or have doubts about the success of your names, you should opt for professional help. Turbologo‘s name generator will help you do just that! Here you can get dozens of interesting names in just a few clicks and choose from them the most attractive option. This will help you save time, get rid of the problem and guarantee you a good name. Try it!