- What is Mailchimp
- Why Use Mailchimp
- Pros and Cons of Mailchimp
- Integrate Mailchimp on Cloudways
Mailchimp is a web-based e-mail marketing service with millions of clients around the world. The application permits clients to share newsletters on different social media networks and track client engagements.
Mailchimp has long been the prevailing player within the e-mail marketing space. Presently, the company includes e-commerce, superior automation, and indeed embedded client relationship management (CRM) features to its offering. The most recent version of Mailchimp also offers website hosting and design services.
The solution serves a wide run of businesses, from small e-commerce to large online stores, and is accessible on a month-to-month subscription basis.
What is Mailchimp
With Mailchimp PHP, clients can collect and analyze their email responses. The application offers graphical representations of information and client interactions on different groups. Mailchimp permits clients to plan, share, and track email newsletters from any location.
With an intuitive drag & drop interface, users can create and share appealing e-mail campaigns. The built-in analytics and reporting functionality permits marketers to monitor client activities or produce advertisement reports.
Mailchimp is an easy-to-use tool with a pretty instinctive User Interface. The more you’ll utilize it, the more familiar you’ll get to it. There’s one key thing, in spite of the fact that you would like to learn right from the start since they’re super-critical, i.e., it’s Merge Tags.
Why Use Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a marketing automation platform planned and developed for businesses utilizing e-mail to reach out to their target market. It is an all-in-one tool where you’ll be able to oversee your mailing records, make custom mail formats, and sustain and automate your whole marketing campaign.
Moreover, Mailchimp offers a mobile-based application for both Android and iOS users. The application works as an interchange course to reach users’ email showcasing accounts, engage clients to urge campaign upgrades, incorporate endorsers, and remain taught on nearly each social media action.
In case all you need is e-mail marketing, Mailchimp is still a great choice. The analytics are great however clear, the estimating is amazing at the start and the automation is good, too. In general, it’s an incredible marketing beginning point for most SMB. Applications such as Chestnut are the running illustration of MailChimp’s success.
- Its user interface is extremely simple to navigate. Any credulous client can moreover operate it.
- It’s possible to customize the e-mail templates inside the HTML for a real custom experience in case needed.
- It is easily coordinated with most other major digital devices.
- It moreover permits clients to include social accounts within the mail campaigns.
- Could give more independence over the plan of mail
- Doesn’t disperse emails to different records at the same time
How Does Mailchimp Integrate with PHP?
You need to sign in to your Cloudways account. In case you don’t have an account, sign up now for free.
Developers can access the MailChimp account utilizing PHP very easily and effectively, through code that creates a wrapper available to the API. A few informal API wrappers for MailChimp use a streamlined interface. We’ll show you how to integrate the official MailChimp API wrapper in Cloudways.
Choose a Server
Since Cloudways offers 5 different cloud providers, you have to make sure and select your desired server and custom PHP Stack application.
Once you’ve chosen your Server, you need to define the specifications and select the server size as per your site activity, and location concurring to your preferred region.
Get MailChimp PHP API Key and Audience ID
In order to connect with the MailChimp PHP API, you’d have to grab the API key and Audience ID. Follow the steps mentioned below to induce it. Login to your MailChimp account. Under the client symbol, select the Account.
Navigate to “Extra” Panel and select API keys.
Under the API keys section, click on Create A Key. Copy your API key, which we will need in a moment.
Next, get your Audience ID. Click on Audience, then Select Audience > All Contact > Settings > Audience Name and Defaults.
Next, go back to the Cloudways platform and click Launch SSH Terminal. You can find the credentials on the same screen.
Once logged in, go to the public_html directory (using the LS and CD commands), and use the following commands:
- git clone https://bitbucket.org/mailchimp/mailchimp-api-php.git
- cp -R mailchimp-api-php/src mailchimp
To get to the MailChimp API in your PHP code, you must integrate the Mailchimp.php file, to the point where you’ll be able to make a Mailchimp object and work with the API. For this case, the mentioned code outlines how you can include a new endorser to an existing list:
- $api_key = “aed874e649484afeec5716f80dedee38-us5”; //Add your Mailchimp API key here
- $list_id = “046be44f38”; //Add your list ID here
- $Mailchimp = new Mailchimp( $api_key );
- $Mailchimp_Lists = new Mailchimp_Lists( $Mailchimp );
- $subscriber = $Mailchimp_Lists—>subscribe(
- array(’email’ => ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’), // Mention the e-mail address you want to add to the list.
- array(‘FNAME’ => ‘Shahzeb’, ‘LNAME’ => ‘Ahmed’), // Set the first name and last name for the new subscriber.
- catch (Exception $s)
- echo “Caught exception: ” . $s;
- if ( ! empty($subscriber[‘leid’]) )
- echo “Successfully Subscriber added.”;
- echo “Subscriber adding attempt failed.”;
MailChimp php integration has gained success by building a product that made a difference and helped other businesses reach their target audience and grow. If marketers can learn something from MailChimp, it’s that you don’t have to offer a freemium item. Since that doesn’t work for everybody. The real lesson is that the foremost imperative marker of success is having an extremely great item that individuals need to use.