In simple words, AdOps is about managing digital ad sales on the internet. What exactly is it and how to do it properly? What skills are required to pursue a career in this field, and why sometimes it might be better to outsource the tasks? Keep reading!
What is AdOps? The basics
AdOps is short for advertising operations. It’s the process of planning, trafficking, and optimizing online advertising campaigns. The basic elements include:
- Campaign planning and management
- Ad trafficking
- Ad optimization
- Ad reporting and analytics
What are the most important AdOps skills?
An AdOps professional needs to have a good understanding of how online advertising works in order to be effective. They should be able to use platforms such as Google Ads and DoubleClick to manage campaigns.
Moreover, AdOps professionals need to track and analyze data to identify trends and optimize campaigns. Strong communication skills are also important in this role, as specialists should effectively communicate with clients and other team members.
Why is it worth outsourcing AdOps operations?
If you don’t have enough expertise or resources, you can outsource AdOps activities to external companies. There are a number of reasons why it’s worth doing it, and the most important ones include:
- Cost savings – by outsourcing AdOps you can avoid high costs associated with hiring and training in-house staff.
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness – experienced AdOps teams can help you streamline your operations and improve your campaigns’ performance.
- Better service – AdOps specialists offer a high level of service and support, which can be beneficial if you’re not used to dealing with online advertising.
AdOps can help publishers manage their ad inventory and revenue in one place. Thanks to it, professionals are able to increase their ad revenue by optimizing inventories.
Remember that if you don’t have enough resources or knowledge, you can always benefit from quality AdOps services offered by external companies.