Microsoft Project was exciting in its early days. As projects are managed and operated have evolved, the software has grown to include highly sophisticated, cloud-based, integrated software. MS Project Alternative brings together everyone from team members to clients to projects. Instead of being tied to the desktop, project managers have the flexibility to manage projects anytime, anywhere using Internet-connected laptops, tablets, and mobile devices.
MS Project is a well-known tool, but it’s complex, and it’s no longer meeting the modern standards of collaboration for project management professionals around the world. Here is a three of some Microsoft project alternatives.
Bitrix 24 is one of the easy project supervision tools adapted to social collaboration between you and your team members. This software primarily creates a workgroup and a centralized news feed for exchanging information with team members.
This alternative to Microsoft Project allows you to create personalized ToDo and manage projects and tasks through a wide range of features, from Gantt charts, task dependencies, and kanban workflows to more systematic tools such as employee workload management.
- An interactive activity stream that displays all updates and changes to a workflow
- Chat within an activity stream allows team members to collaborate on specific tasks and activities.
- In a workgroup, team members can discuss tasks and projects, plan lessons, and track progress.
- Customized task reports enable you to track how long each employee takes to complete a specific task.
- Extranet access for external users to share workgroups with customers and other organizations and monitor workflows
- Customizable Kanban boards that visualize workflows and clearly show the status of each task
Zenkit is a free alternative to Microsoft Project that is easy to use and easy to manage tasks. The software provides different tools to different teams to meet the needs of the entire business. Whether it’s project supervision, CRM, maintenance, or other marketing clarifications, Zenkit is all beyond.
- Personalized calendar to place tasks according to priority.
- In the Team Inbox, you can assign tasks and check their progress.
- With a customized ToDo list, you know all the tasks you need to do.
- Multiple view options for organizing tasks: Kanban, List, and Calendar.
- Task label indicating priority and status of each task
- Comments on the job to accept regular updates from the Team.
- Offline mode allows you to work without the Internet
- Multiple powerful filtering capabilities to access tasks as needed
This Microsoft Project alternative is cloud-based project management software designed for small and medium businesses. With Zoho projects, you can easily break up complex projects into small, manageable tasks and subtasks and share updates across your Team through interactive feeds featuring activities.
- Kanban Board for Classifying and Organizing Tasks in Context
- A social feed consisting of an activity stream and status updates for a specific task
- A forum for a long discussion with the option to add multiple team members
- A “page” dedicated to team projects. You can update all information about a project and share it with related team members.
- Extensive charts and reports that you can access for resource management.
- Timesheets enable you to assess how much time each team member has spent on a particular task and identify workflow bottlenecks.
- Tracking issues, including detailed reports to identify and resolve issues promptly.
- View and track project progress with a Gantt chart
Microsoft Project is probably the best-known and most widely used project management software and is still among the top project and portfolio management software. There are many other alternatives to Microsoft Project. Try at least some products before making the final choice.